Applying to the School
Your application to study for an undergraduate degree at the GSA is in two parts:
When the School receives your application form from UCAS, you will be issued with an acknowledgement of your application and directed to upload your images. You can do so as soon as you receive your acknowledgement and no later than the deadline communicated to you in the e-mail you receive. Guidelines on what to include in the Supporting Visual Materials and Statement are available below, organised by programme:
Please read the information about the GSA, its schools and the specialist departments carefully.
We expect that you have familiarised yourself with the learning, teaching and research we offer at the GSA and that your expectations align with the learning experience that we try to provide in the specialists pathway and departments. If you experience any problems during this process, please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry to First Year
We accept a wide range of UK and international qualifications for admission. Below are our normal entry requirements, expressed as the qualifications most commonly presented for used as a baseline when determining equivalencies.
- Scottish Highers: ABBB and above (one sitting) or AABB and above (two sittings)
- A Levels: ABB plus GCSE English Language at grade A.
- International Baccalaureate (IB): 30 points overall in the Diploma, including 18 at Higher Level, normally including English and Visual Arts or Design Technology. Students not presenting English at grade 5 or above at Higher Level will be required to submit an IELTS.
- Irish Leaving Certificate: Four Highers at H2 or above - subjects required as per Scottish Highers.
- We are happy to consider holders of the Scottish Baccalaureate.
- For students currently taking qualifications we will look at predicted grades.
- Those who have qualifications from outside the UK should consult our international pages for country-specific entry requirements.
Direct Entry to Second or Third Year
You must be able to satisfy the School that you have undertaken a period of study equivalent to the first, or first and second year, of the degree programme. This may include an art foundation or HND qualification.
Acredited Prior Learning
We recognise that our applicants come from a wide variety of social, cultural and educational backgrounds and we are willing to consider applications for admission from those who do not have the published conventional qualifications for admission and/or who wish to gain recognition for formal or informal study undertaken elsewhere.
English Language Requirement
We ask all our new students to show evidence of their ability in English language before they are offered a place of study.
International students are normally asked to provide an IELTS for UKVI (Academic) test taken at a UKVI approved test centre with a suitable score. Our current requirement for Fine Art and Design programmes is IELTS 6.0 (no less than 5.5 in each component) and a full list of UKVI approved test centres can be found here.
For more information, please email email@example.com or call +44 (0) 141 353 4512