Since a major fire in May 2014 seriously damaged The Glasgow School of Art’s Mackintosh building, our visitor experience has changed and adapted significantly, with a new visitor centre open 7 days and 4 diversified tours led by our award-winning team of talented student guides.
Whilst restoration work means there is no access to the interiors of the Mackintosh building, we continue to welcome visitors to experience the history of this architectural masterwork, architect Charles Rennie Mackintosh, our unique collections of furniture and the contemporary life of this internationally renowned institution, with proceeds from our student led tours and shop donated to support The Glasgow School of Art.
• Join our daily Mackintosh at the GSA Tour to explore the history of the School, Charles Rennie Mackintosh’s life and GSA’s unique collection of original Mackintosh furniture.
• Investigate the state of the art Reid Building by Steven Holl Architects with a Reid Building Tour every Saturday at 3pm.
• Discover turn of the century architecture, Art Nouveau details and the innovative designs of Charles Rennie Mackintosh and his contemporaries with our Glasgow Style City Walking Tour.
• Explore Glasgow’s creative regeneration and contemporary art boom from the 1970’s to present day on our Glasgow Miracle City Walking Tour.
• Enjoy our permanent display of artefacts, animations, models and drawings from 1845 to present day in the Window on Mackintosh visitor centre.
• Browse exclusive designs and unique souvenirs by GSA students and graduates in The Glasgow School of Art Shop.
• Visit regular contemporary art, design and architecture exhibitions in the Reid Building Gallery.
• Uncover new talent emerging from the School in our annual student Degree Shows in June and September.
Tickets can be bought on the day, booked online or reserved by telephone:
+44(0)141 353 4526 | The Glasgow School of Art, 164 Renfrew Street, G3 6RF
Sign up to our mailing list to receive monthly updates and news.
Every purchase supports the School.